Monday, December 22, 2008

My Amazing Friends

I have a book club. Okay, some people read the book, others (me in particular) go to hang out and chat and eat.

Well, when my friend Mikki was diagnosed with breast cancer one of our book club members (Shannon) suggested that we make her a quilt so she can be "wrapped up in our love" all the time. Everyone made a square and wrote and drew a little message to her and the amazing Shannon sewed it together.



It is really something to be a part of this group of awesome women.
It reminds me of the quote:
"Where women gather - strength is created."

So, Mikki - as you go for your first chemo treatment on Friday -
remember you have all of our love and prayers with you.

2 comments:

Suzie December 23, 2008 at 12:24 AM  

Oh my, this is so wonderful that she has such an amazing support group. I have goosebumps. That is so touching. Wonderful Idea!!!

Anonymous January 11, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

What goes around comes around...
and hopefully your friends will be with you if you ever need them.