Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sam Brandon

I had the privelege of making a dvd memorial for Sam Brandon. Sam was 12 years old and passed away in a tragic car accident this week. It is by far the most difficult DVD tribute I have made so far. I watched him wrestle in the Northwestern Mat Cats program and watched him play football in Little Gridders. He had a lot of tenacity and you could tell that he loved participating in both sports. It is hard to say if he loved being in sports or if his parents loved watching him more. Tom and Cindy Brandon were always watching - rarely if ever missing a match or game or even a practice for that matter.

I know there are a lot of hurting hearts in our community over the loss of this young man and I know that in talking with Sam's Dad that although nothing can ease their pain right now the love and support from the community has meant the world to them. It is amazing how something so awful can bring out the best in your neighbors.

Anyway, here is a condensed version of the DVD that I made for the family. I had to pretty much cut it in half and of course you lose resolution and some audio integrity - so h alf way though you shoud turn your volume up.

God Bless you Sam.

Brandon Family you will be in my heart and prayers for a long, long time.

Samuel Brandon Memorial Fund C/O Daniel R. Edder Funeral Home, 309 Main St. East, Girard or to the Samuel Brandon Memorial Fund C/O Lake Erie Community FCU, 205 Hathaway St., Girard, Pa. 16417

1 comments:

Anonymous January 20, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

OMG Katie, That was so heart wrenching. I just cried through the whole thing. You did such a good job I can't imagine having to do that. It would have been devestating. My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends of Sam. May god be with them. And Thank you for being there for them also.