Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Bolte Family

Kristy Bolte contacted me about doing a family photo - with a twist. See, Kristy and her husband, Howard lost two babies, Isaac then just this past year Asher. Kristy also shared with me that the thought of a "family portrait" was very difficult for her because a photo of her, Howard, Ben and Luke is incomplete for a "family portrait". I really hope that this photo helps them to feel what they know to be true - that their little Isaac and Asher are with them and very much a part of their family all the time.

They are really an amazing family and I was so glad that I had the chance to be with them yesterday.

I hope that Kristy and Howard won't mind but I want to post a link to their blog. I just spent about a half an hour reading it. http://babybolte.blogspot.com/2007/11/losing-isaac.html











3 comments:

boltefamily September 17, 2008 at 6:07 PM  

WOW! Thank you Katie! I am in tears as I type this. There are just no words!

Just Me September 17, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

I only "know" Kristy from her blog, but she is very special to me. Thank you SO much for doing this for her and her family. I don't think words could describe how special that is. I "teared up" when I saw the picture on her blog, but after reading what you wrote, I lost it. You are an amazing person to give them such a precious gift. I know you blessed them beyond words. May God bless you too.

Kim's Cottage September 18, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

Oh Katie! You've done it again! You've captured the very essence of their family, who they are. Thank you for the link to their blog. I read it and the tears flowed.
You have truly found your calling, my friend.


K-