Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Importance of Snapshots

I was really amazed when I was going through my grandmother's photo album at how many pictures there were of my Grandfather when I was making his DVD tribute for his funeral. It amazes me that 80 years ago my great-grandmother took soo many pictures. I am so glad that she did. And my grandmother continued that tradition and it was something that my two aunts carried on as well. And as for as many times as people complained about having the camera brought out all the time, I sure am glad that they did. As the funeral was coming to a close, I was overwhelmed with sadness because it hit me like a ton of bricks, "I am never going to see my Grandfather again." But thanks to the photographers in my family I will never forget his face.



This is my Grandpa horsing around with my Grandmother. I don't think she was very happy.


I think I was 15 and probably thought it was too cool to hold my Grandpa's hand. He did it anyway.








My Grandfather had a life-long love of tractors. I was told that he hated doing farm work with horses so he got this tractor. (I colorized it.) So his Mom (I am assuming it was his Mom) took this picture of him with it.Then many years later one of my Aunts took this picture of him on his tractor. :)
What a special gift it is to have these photos. :)
I want to take a moment to thank all of you who have emailed me to express your sympathies on the loss of my Grandfather. It has meant more to me than you know.
So, just remember - take as many pictures as you can of those around you - they don't have to be perfect poses or with "the best" camera. Ignore people who complain about having their pictures taken and take them anyway. Because one day down the road future generations will be glad that you were the family shutterbug. :)













0 comments: