Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Lifetime's not too long to live as friends....


Thirteen years is a long time, isn't it? Think about what you were doing thirteen years ago. That was the last time I had seen my friend, Natalie. We were friends when the both of us lived in Florida. Well, I moved back to PA and she moved to Louisiana. We kept in touch for a while then we would drift apart..get in touch and drift apart. I honestly thought that I would never see her again in person. But she came to see me this past weekend.




I was a little nervous to see her in person, I didn't know if we would feel uncomfortable, run out of things to talk about (HA THAT IS A LAUGH!).


I saw her in the airport and I just cried. I was so happy.


We had the best time together. I was so glad that she was able to meet my husband and kids.

It was like there was never any time or space between us.


She is truly a great friend. A friend that you don't come by often. We are definitely meant to be buddies forever. She inspires me and it was just good for my soulto be spending time with her.





We went to my parent's house in Cook's Forest (Via Punxsatawny :)


It was really beautiful there!
I really wished that the foliage would have been more in bloom but it has been so darned warm in this area this autumn.
















I have been thinking of the lyrics to a song by Michael W. Smith as I had to say goodbye to her one again.
And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say "never"
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends.

0 comments: